Updated template styles
- Templates based off http://starter.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Infobox_templates
Overview of changesEdit
- Existing starter kit templates rewritten with little/no inline CSS - it now uses sitewide (and themed) CSS classes.
- Template code has generally been cleaned up
- Template:Infobox has been completely redone: it's now a generic infobox that can be copied and edited as a basis for other templates. (It is no longer a template with which to create other templates). Also includes some sample 'if' rows.
- CSS class info can be found in the Template:Infobox documentation
- Important notes:
- For data rows, left column should always be a header, right column should be a normal cell - otherwise padding gets a little odd. Slightly restrictive, but solution is to tweak styles inline. Hopefully rare cases.
- Columns aren't equally spaced, depending on content. Solution: added 'hidden' 50% width cells at table ends (don't want to force 2 column in site CSS)
Development versions reside here. Cleanly applied versions can be found on http://infoboxupdate.wikia.com/wiki/Infobox_Update_Wiki
- Big-huge if statement generic infobox thing. Too complex!
- Open technical CSS bugs to be fixed:
Section rule titles currently need to be wrapped in divs<s> Now using div for the classing
<s>Image captions are misaligned: they're inheriting the padding from the <td> - needs balancing via class.
Section rules are similarly misaligned
- Update table layouts for tweaked code
- Rename templates
- Try switching tables to wikitext (not HTML) again
- Ran into the linespace issue again with 'if's
- Removed most of the ifs, they're confusing anyway (especially to newbies)
- Building block notes added to Template:Infobox
- Recheck default image widths. 206px may be better.